Administers permit application procedures and document flow process. Coordinates review of proposed erosion control plans and alterations with applicable ordinances, state and federal regulations. Evaluates construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3).
- Examine construction site permits, Storm water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3) and notices for compliance with Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) Construction General Permit TXR150000, TPDES Industrial General Permit TXR050000, and applicable codes and regulations. Document areas of non-compliance and make necessary notations and corrections to construction SWP3 plans. Coordinate and expedite review of applications, and track review status;
- Assist customers through the TPDES Construction General Permit process. Consult with architects, engineers, contractors, and owners regarding non-compliant submittals. Discuss innovative solutions, materials, and/or methods of storm water controls in order to comply with General Permit;
- Administer permit application procedures and document flow process. Check completeness of applications and plans submitted, and notify applicants of incomplete submittals. Document areas of non-compliance, use of alternative systems, variances issued, and conditions of permit. Stamp and issue approved plans to the applicant, and retain an archive set of plans. Create and maintain files for all project-related applications, permits, notices, and correspondence;
- Assist field inspectors, management, clerical staff and other City departments with technical work problems. Advise customers of technical requirements and reasons for those requirements. Assist customers, other agencies, and City departments of SWP3s in order to meet local codes and ordinances;
- Research code interpretations, commentaries, and technical articles. Research construction industry periodicals and new product/technology information regarding alternative materials and BMPs used as storm water controls;
- Maintain information necessary for the City's compliance with municipal and industrial storm water permits;
- Use GIS software to develop and maintain maps; create and maintain information in GIS databases;
- Provide customer support and represent the City at related public meetings;
- Perform related duties as directed.
Completion of a an associates or the equivalent of two full academic years of study towards a bachelor’s degree in urban planning, environmental science, environmental engineering, civil engineering, construction management or related field, with an additional one to three years of related engineering or environmental experience, or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following :
Valid Current Driver's License
- The fundamental principles of engineering related to drainage;
- The fundamental principles of geographic information systems, mapping and database software;
- The principles and practices of engineering design and drafting;
- Computer applications associated with typical office duties and engineering functions.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Understand and interpret City, State, and Federal regulations;
- Keep records and prepare reports;
- Read and interpret SWP3 documents and maps;
- Read building plans and specifications;
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally carry up to 10 pounds;
- Occasionally stand, walk, and kneel during the shift;
- Occasionally push and pull objects;
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially flex at the knees;
- Frequently turn upper trunk to the left or right while sitting or standing;
- Frequently place arms above, at, or below shoulder height;
- Coordinate eye, hand, and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.
Application must be submitted online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lubbock. Jobs close at 5:00 p.m. on the closing date posted on the City website. For a complete list of job openings with the City of Lubbock please visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Lubbock.