- Assists Collections Operator in the use of sewer cleaning, clearing and rodding equipment and all repairs to collection systems
- Assists in performing weekly preventive maintenance on all equipment as needed
- Learns and gains skills in a variety of equipment and tools used in maintaining the collection system
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs other duties as required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment and piping, have vision sufficient to maintain collection system, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold and climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance, carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs, use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; work in confined spaces and wear and use appropriate safety equipment.