Sonoma Water is seeking a qualified Water Agency Engineer I - Extra-Help for the Operations Engineering Section
Under close supervision of a professional engineer, the Water Agency Engineer I will perform a wide variety of engineering work and assist in the preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for small construction projects related to the planning, design, construction, and operation of facilities used for water supply and transmission, wastewater collection, treatment, sludge disposal, and flood control projects. Project responsibilities may also include, tracking budgets and schedules, oversight during construction, and completion of record drawings upon project completion.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with processes used at water and wastewater facilities, be a self-motivated, focused, and detail-oriented individual, and possess the following:
- Experience researching and compiling data from multiple sources
- Familiarity with plans and Construction Specifications Institute specifications, drafting, AutoCAD, and experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word
- The ability to provide project management for small operations and maintenance projects
- Knowledge of regulatory and permitting processes for State and Regional Water Quality Control Boards and the California Air Resources Control Board
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information & to apply online, visitwww.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply Now!