Become a valued team member with other professionals in the Surface Water Division with the City of Everett! We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team.
Perform reviews and approvals of professional-level civil engineering site designs with an emphasis on stormwater conveyance and treatment as defined in state and local standards and permits under the direction of the Surface Water Manager or other departmental supervisor. Review of the work is based on the ability to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Municipal Stormwater Permit, accurate and effective enforcement of standards and requirements and documentation thereof, and the promptness with which review deadlines are met.
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define stormwater-related conditions and requirements during Land Use permitting and SEPA review, define requirements for developers during pre-application meetings, and review and approve professionally engineered construction plans, specifications, and technical reports (stormwater site plans).
- Conduct field reviews of projects to ensure correct design. Respond to issues and changes during construction.
- Read and interpret engineering plans, specifications, and reports to ensure compliance with applicable codes. Review stormwater calculations and modeling results, perform drainage, infiltration, and treatment calculations and run WWHM and MGSFlood software.
- Working understanding of Washington State Department of Ecology Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington.
- Respond to drainage concerns and questions from both the general public and the development community.
- Experience preparing stormwater development plans and reports is desired. Knowledge of soils and surface properties is preferred.
- Perform related work and special projects as assigned.
A combination of education and related experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, and
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in civil engineering, and
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Washington, or the equivalent license or certification from another state, federal, military and/or association or licensing body that is equivalent in qualifications and experience.
Hours of work
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (times could vary)
First review of applications is May 31, 2019 and applicants are encouraged to meet the first review. You are required to complete the online application and the Stormwater Plans Reviewer / Associate Engineer PE Supplemental Questionnaire. Job announcement can be found at www.everettwa.gov/careers.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment under pressure and requires the ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and demands.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use a keyboard.
- Travel by various modes of private and commercial transportation within the region may be required.
- Fieldwork is required on a regular basis.
- Attendance and participation at evening meetings may be required.
This position is appointive.
The position includes a comprehensive benefit package: City's Benefits