Skilled work in the inspection, maintenance, construction and repair of Stormwater open and closed drainage systems.
- Performs inspections, installation, maintenance and repair, to the enclosed and open Stormwater drainage conveyance system and their appurtenances.
- Performs roadway, private property and right-of-way restoration relating to maintenance and repairs activities.
- Operates specialized equipment, such as vacuum trucks, sewer flushing devices, jetting equipment, television evaluation equipment and other related equipment used in storm water collection system maintenance, including relief of debris stoppages, cleaning of lines, maintenance of manholes, catch basins (structures), and investigation of inflow and infiltration.
- Responds to customer complaints relating to storm water systems, including water quality concerns, Stormwater backups and odors.
- Maintains equipment and vehicles as assigned.
- Completes and submits work orders relating to all work performed in a professional and timely fashion.
- Responds to emergency situations as required.
Work Hours: Monday – Thursday, 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. On-Call Required.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or its equivalent and two (2) years of experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of Stormwater conveyance systems, Public Utilities or Public Works related work. Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License at time of appointment. Must acquire Class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or higher CDL with tanker endorsement within six (6) months from date of hire.
Preferred Qualifications: One-year of construction, masonry or carpentry experience.
Job Competencies: Knowledge of current technology in Stormwater conveyance systems maintenance practices. Knowledge and safe operation of specialized tools and equipment used in Stormwater conveyance systems maintenance and repair. Operation of Vac Truck, TV inspection equipment, personal computers and mechanical tools used in Stormwater maintenance industry. The ability to understand and follow oral/written instructions.
**Certifications for Safety Training: Hazcom; Confined Space; Hearing Protection; Bloodborne Pathogens; Workplace Violence; Lockout/Tagout, Fire Extinguisher; Asbestos; Personal Protective Equipment; Trenching Safety, Backhoe Operations, Chainsaw Safety and Forklifts.
Physical Demands: Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five (5) years.
Pay: $16.60 (Step 1)
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits, please click this link or visit SCGov.net for additional information.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30 days off in your 1st year!)??
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco Free/Drug Free Workplace
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification or expression, genetic information, religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in the application/selection process is requested to make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the application, please call 941-861-5741.