The Town of Wiscasset is currently accepting applications to fill the position of a full-time Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor performs a wide variety of labor, maintenance and supervisory duties in order to operate and maintain the town's Wastewater Treatment Plant. Work involves the supervision of all staff involved in various activities, the preparation and administration of the departmental budget, and the scheduling of departmental activities and projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Performs any and all necessary mechanical or electrical repairs at the plant or pump stations.
- Maintains the sewer system program including accurate record keeping, sewer cleaning, and manhole maintenance.
- Insures work crew follows all safety equipment and procedures under hazardous conditions.
- Operates the sludge belt filter press and disposal truck for the sludge utilization program, following D.E.P. regulations.
- Processes control of the biological wastewater system through lab analysis including quality control of the lab, and reporting the results.
- Insures implementation and/or compliance with all pertinent local, federal and state regulations
- Orders necessary parts and supplies for the repair and proper maintenance of equipment and pump systems.
- Performs building and pump station grounds care: painting, mowing, cleaning, snow removal etc.
- Follows and oversees all safety policies.
Position Qualifications: Must be a high school graduate and possess a Grade III wastewater treatment license with four years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training. A valid State of Maine Driver's License and a Class B CDL driver's license or ability to obtain one is required.
Applications are available at the Town of Wiscasset Human Resource Office or can be downloaded at www.wiscasset.org under the Employment tab.
To apply submit an application, cover letter and resume to the Wiscasset Town Manager at 51 Bath Road, Wiscasset, ME 04578; electronic submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until November 21 at 4 p.m.
Inquiries can be made to Kathy Onorato at 882-8200 ext. 103 or email@example.com The Town of Wiscasset offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. The Town of Wiscasset is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).