Westervelt Ecological Services, a division of The Westervelt Company, creates mitigation banks and provides environmental mitigation and habitat planning services to landowners, businesses, government agencies, and land trusts. Our established industry leaders excel in the field of wetland and endangered species mitigation services, to create a nationwide habitat mitigation company.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the reconnaissance, site acquisition, development, and entitlement of mitigation projects (i.e., mitigation banks and turn keys). The position will require the ability to work closely with other disciplines within the office as well as with a variety of federal, state, and local resource agencies to achieve regional goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, biology, landscape architecture, natural resources, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of field survey work or related experience. GIS experience preferred.
- Experience in stream and or wetland restoration in the Southeastern US.
- Familiarity with wetland and species regulatory policies.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and organizations.
- Ability to perform both field work and office document preparation.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.