Experience/Qualifications: Minimum of a CA Waste Water Treatment Plant Grade III certification, 3-5 years of industry experience. Supervisory experience a plus
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Lead WWTP Operator has full responsibility for the successful operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Facilities at the Tejon-Castac Water District. The District includes two Wastewater Treatment Facilities and one Water Treatment Facility which includes the sewer collection system and a water distribution network. The East Side Wastewater Facility incorporates Membrane Bioreactor Technology followed by UV disinfection. The West Side Wastewater Facility is a Santec Treatment Process followed by sand filters and UV disinfection.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate & manage the assets of assigned facilities, associated personnel and clients
- Supervise and manage operation & maintenance personnel including responsibility for training, performance evaluations etc.
- Manages implementation and ongoing utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for tracking Asset Management
- Interact with regulatory agencies and clients
- Analyze and resolve problems with process and/or equipment
- Review lab tests and interpret data
- Perform equipment operation and maintenance
- Work nights & weekends as necessary to maintain facility compliance
- Create and distribute client, regulatory and operating data reports
- Prepare and coordinate regulatory programs as required by permit
- Maintain compliance with regulatory permits
- Oversee and perform process adjustments to maintain treatment process compliance
- Perform other duties and participate in the operation of other facilities on limited basis as needed
- Client Interface including attending monthly operations meetings
- Prepare Monthly Operations Reports
- Manage Capital Replacement projects specific to assigned facilities
- Promote and adhere to PERC Water’s written corporate Safety program
- Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC Water standards
- Communicate any problems/issues to supervisor
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. General computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to learn CMMS program used on site.
2. Excellent team-working and communications skills to enable effective interaction with other PERC Water personnel, including peers. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Body Positions: Standing, sitting for extended periods of time, walking.
• Body Movements: Use of hands, eyes, ears, arms and voice. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
• Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders and climb into process tanks and enclosures
• Must be able to climb on, or into facility equipment and systems (Confined Space Training required).
• Must be able to work weekends, nights or holidays as needed.
• On call availability as scheduled
• Must be able to travel from jobsite to jobsite within in the area
• Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on business topics in English.
Education, Professional Credentials and Experience
1. Current California Grade III Wastewater Certification required
2. Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience required
3. Valid CA driver’s license
4. Prior supervisory experience a plus
5. High School Diploma or equivalent; advanced degree a plus but not required
PERC Water Corporation is an innovative water infrastructure company that develops, designs, builds, operates and manages water infrastructure throughout the United States. We seek to hire productive workers and innovative thinkers for all positions within the company and we encourage all employees to take ownership of the processes they are part of and responsible for. Company website: www.percwater.com
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance; Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Company sponsored 401k Plan
To Apply: E-mail resume and a brief cover letter/e-mail introduction to: email@example.com. Please reference the job location in your e-mail
Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of abackground check and passing a pre-employment drug and alcoholscreen. Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and be able to provide proof of insurance.