The Public Works Department is seeking a dynamic leader to be our next Stormwater Asset Manager!
The Stormwater Asset Manager performs a variety of advanced professional assignments in the Kitsap County Public Works Stormwater Division. The Stormwater Asset Manager supervises Stormwater Asset Management Program, Stormwater Capital Facilities Program, Stormwater Facility Inspection, and Stormwater Retrofit & Repair (R&R) Program. This position may also manage consultant contracts for capital and retrofit design and construction projects. The Stormwater Asset Manager has primary responsibility for all Stormwater Division conveyance, treatment, and flow-control assets in accordance with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Stormwater Permit regulatory requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field; and
- Five years of progressively responsible technical civil engineering;with at two years in the area of specialization involving construction management, engineering management, contract administration, communications and engineering design review; and
- Two years of supervisory experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work.
Preferred Education, Experience or Other Qualifications
- Experience performing operations and management tasks including asset management.
- Experience with ArcGIS and asset management administration (CarteGraph is used at Kitsap County; candidates with this expertise will be highly desired).
- WA Professional Engineer's License
- Experience working with municipal and state codes, policies, procedures and regulations related to Stormwater management.
- Experience with NPDES Municipal permit requirements.
- Experience with Stormwater System Operation and Maintenance (O&M).
- Experience in low impact development/green Stormwater infrastructure design and O&M.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, VISIT https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kitsap