Ecological Resource Consultants, Inc., a leading provider of water resource engineering and environmental science services, is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for an experienced water resource engineer at our Lakewood, Colorado, location. Projects will include work in hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, drainage design, sediment transport/geomorphology, floodplain mapping, stream restoration, civil design, and construction support services for both public/private clients.
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 3 years’ experience
• Active PE license in Colorado (preferred)
• Experience using HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS 1-D and 2-D
• Sediment transport modeling (preferred)
• Civil 3D experience
• Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
• Prepare and assist in preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for project; researches/reviews code and permitting requirements for project sites as directed.
• Conduct hydrologic assessments, complete water balance modeling, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, and design of water diversions and control structures.
• Assist with stream restoration design including field evaluations, design, modeling and construction observation.
• Determination of Probable Maximum Flood hydrology and flood routing studies for facility design, Emergency Action Plans, Incremental Damage Assessments, and Dam Hazard Classifications.
• The successful management of tasks involving the execution of various 1D and 2D hydraulic models including: HEC-RAS and HEC-RAS 2D, HEC-6T, HEC-HMS, and DAMBRK computer programs.
ERC offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits program, as well as a stable and challenging work environment in a company that prides itself on providing technical, innovative, and complete solutions for our clients.
For more information: http://www.erccolorado.net/team/join-our-team/