Freese and Nichols, Inc. is a professional consulting firm serving clients across the Southwest and Southeast United States. With sustainability in mind, Freese and Nichols plans, designs and manages infrastructure projects. It is the first engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and was recently Certified as a Great Place to Work. For more information about Freese and Nichols, visit www.freese.com
Freese and Nichols is currently searching for an experienced engineer to serve as a project manager for stormwater management projects in our Houston Office. The candidate must have a strong background in the modeling of stormwater/water resources infrastructure projects and the preparation of drainage studies and impact analyses. The preferred candidate will have experience with a diverse range of software packages such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (steady, unsteady flow, and two-dimensional), ArcGIS, and the Microsoft office suite. Experience with advanced H&H modeling software including Infoworks ICM and XP-SWMM is a plus.
• The project manager will be responsible for leading the analysis and preparation of technical reports for diverse projects including open channels, closed conduit systems, drainage master planning, reviews of proposed developments, pump stations, detention/retention ponds, mitigation of drainage impacts, roadway drainage design, and preparation of CLOMRs and LOMRs.
• Candidate will work independently as well as oversee the work of teams of professionals and technicians.
• The position includes a high degree of client interaction and a commitment to client service as well as the ability to collaborate with Senior Management on vision and leadership of overall engineering processes and strategy.
• The role also encompasses business development activities, including proposal preparation and some marketing activities.
• Strong background in the modeling of stormwater/water resources infrastructure projects and the preparation of drainage studies and impact analyses
• Strong writing and teamwork skills, as well as project and team management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (or comparable engineering or applied science degree)
• 10+ years related experience
• Texas professional engineer registration (or the ability to become licensed in Texas within 6 months)
• Experience with a diverse range of software packages such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (steady, unsteady flow, and two-dimensional), ArcGIS, and the Microsoft office suite
• Demonstrated experience of successfully working with clients in the Houston metropolitan region including Harris County Flood Control District, Harris County Engineering, Fort Bend County Drainage District, City of Houston, and other municipalities, drainage districts, and levee improvement districts in the region
• Experience with sediment transport modeling, scour analyses, fluvial geomorphology, large basin hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, and dam and gate operations
• Experience in managing small, and large-sized projects, preparing and maintaining project schedules, tracking project financials, preparing status reports and invoicing
• Experience with advanced H&H modeling software including Infoworks ICM and XP-SWMM
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.