Do you want to make a difference in your community by ensuring there is enough water for over 1.9 million people that live in the Santa Clara County?
Salary: $9,673.73 - $12,388.13 Monthly
Valley Water is looking for a highly capable and collaborative Senior Water Conservation Specialist to join our water supply planning and conservation team. Under the direction of the manager, this position will oversee and lead Valley Water's water conservation program, which includes supervising three Water Conservation Specialists and temporary support staff, overseeing the water conservation programs in the unit, and lead or support several committees to ensure short and long-term conservation goals are being met. This position will assist the Unit Manager on a number of duties including reviewing legislation, regulations, studies, and reports; hire support staff; and assist in the development and monitoring of the programs annual budget. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and management of cost share agreements, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop marketing and promotional material for various outreach campaigns, and represent Valley Water at various meetings.
This is a full-time job which requires a person to be present onsite for forty hours a week.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, plan, and administer Valley Water's water conservation program.
- Oversee and manage the three Water Conservation Specialists and temporary support staff; including hiring of new staff, assign and review work, approve time off, prepare employees performance evaluations and interprets Valley Water policies and procedures to employees.
- Research and analyze legislation and current regulations related to water conservation and demand management; review regulatory reports and maintain awareness of new developments in the field of water conservation; incorporate new developments as appropriate into the design of existing and new programs.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop marketing and promotional material in support of Valley Water programs. This includes ensuring the annual summer Water Conservation Campaign and Landscape Summit are implemented and the website is up to date and user friendly.
- Work collaboratively with intern and external stakeholders to develop, administer, and closeout cost-share agreements. This includes getting all necessary signatures, overseeing the budget, processing invoices, and providing updates as needed.
- Lead the development and preparation of staff reports to committees, the Board of Directors for water conservation measures, practices, policies and ordinances.
- Prepare the annual budget request for the work unit, estimates staffing, equipment and supply needs based upon recent trends and planned activities; monitors expenditures after budget adoption.