Salary: $77,197 - $120,386 DOQ
This is responsible supervisory, technical and administrative work directing the construction, maintenance and repair of principal thoroughfare facilities in the City of St. Petersburg, which include aquatic water ways, seawalls, bridges, street sweeping, line cleaning and repair, deep line repairs, mowing operations, heavy equipment, streetscape maintenance, and equipment service center. Work involves supervision of field foremen and skilled and semi-skilled employees, including their selection, placement, training, safety, appraisal and discipline; budget preparation and administration; conducting condition assessments, progress monitoring and reporting of maintenance needs, project costs and work schedules; assisting in the recommendation and development of personnel and operational policies and procedures; coordinating activities, as needed, with federal, state and regional agencies; and inspecting and directing the efficiency and quality of ongoing construction, maintenance and repair activities. Work will include participation in pre-construction meetings; and occasionally may involve making presentations to public groups to describe upcoming projects of interest to the community.
For Management Benefits information, link to: http://www.stpete.org/city_departments/human_resources/docs/Benefits%20M.pdf
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have a valid Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess and continue to maintain a valid Driver License.
- Have considerable progressive general maintenance, construction and repair work experience, including supervisory experience on a variety of public works or similar projects.
- Be proficient in the use of a computer in order to efficiently create and maintain records, conduct research, perform database entry, and prepare correspondence and email communication.
- Be able to effectively supervise and train assigned employees and enforce regulations, polices and safety practices with firmness, tact and impartiality.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Acknowledge this position is designated as Emergency Critical (EC) and if hired into the position, an applicant must be immediately available to the department before, during, and after a declared emergency and/or disaster.