The purpose of this position is to supervise the operations staff in the Water Resources department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the operations of water, wastewater, and stormwater construction and maintenance units.
- Analyzes and monitors expenditures for department.
- Responds to elevated customer service requests for department.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and annual reporting for department.
- Prepares for the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for department.
- Monitors and accesses equipment needs and resources for department.
- Develops and enforces ordinances and technical standards for department.
- Assists with review and selection of consultants and contractors for projects.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Managerial principles;
- Budgetary principles;
- Sewer, stormwater, and water line principles and practices;
- Equipment and tools of the trade;
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
Licensing and Certifications:
- North Carolina Professional Engineers Certification preferred;
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Position in this class require: standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, fine dexterity, handling, balancing, bending, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, lifting, carrying, vision, foot controls.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, or negligible amounts constantly AND/OR walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Management or like field from an accredited college or university, at least five years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.