DUTIES: The Environmental Compliance Coordinator will perform professional and lead work in the field of environmental permitting and regulatory compliance for the City's Public Works Department. Work involves responsibility for facilitating and preparing environmental permit applications, reports, and support data necessary for obtaining permits, licenses, or approvals required for the department's operation. Includes leading in the City's Pretreatment, FOG, Stormwater, Water, Wastewater, PWRF permits and other regulatory mandated programs. Work also involves establishing monitoring and reporting programs required by Federal, State and local government rules and regulations.
Rate of Pay: NR 53 - $31.39 - $38.27
REQUIREMENTS: (Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.):
- Minimum 2 years experience in sanitary sewer and/or sewer treatment environmental compliance, preferably relating to municipal operations or a delegated environmental program.
- Bachelor of Science in environmental science, environmental or civil engineering, biology, chemistry, or closely related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience initiating investigations and enforcement actions against non-compliant industrial users and other regulated entities.
- Experience writing technical reports for peer and management review and in communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
BENEFITS: The City offers a full benefits package with affordable options for full family coverage for medical, dental, vision and life insurance. The City also offers many other perks including:
- 12 days of vacation during the 1st year of employment and 12 days of sick leave
- 10 holidays, plus each employee receives 1 floating holiday each year
- Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS), which offers a guaranteed monthly benefit once vesting criteria has been met
- In addition to DRS, employees may also contribute to a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Other benefits offered: Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Plan, Long-Term Disability, Aflac and Flexible Schedule (per department approval)
SALARY: $31.39 - $38.27/hr.
APPLY BY: May 09, 2019
APPLY AT: https://wa-pasco.civicplushrms.com/CareerPortal/JobDetail.aspx?RequisitionId=45582&SourceId=4972
CONTACT: Please contact HR at (509) 545-3408, with questions regarding employment opportunities with the City of Pasco.
No fax/email or incomplete applications accepted. EOE.