We are currently recruiting to fill positions at either the Environmental Specialist and/or Senior Environmental Specialist level. If you are interested in applying to both recruitments, you must apply to the separate recruitments being conducted for each level.
To ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Quality Act (NEPA), Permit Sonoma's Environmental Specialists provide a range of environmental review and resource assessment services for public and private projects. Typical projects include review of public infrastructure projects (bridges, roads, airport, landfills, etc.), aggregate and mining projects, commercial and institutional developments, storm water and watershed management, and fire and disaster resiliency planning and management. Permit Sonoma is now seeking environmental professionals with strong technical expertise.
The County of Sonoma offers career growth and development, the opportunity to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing that you're working to better the community. When you join Permit Sonoma, you can also look forward to a competitive total compensation package, including*:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 2/14/19