This is an open continuous position
Review of applicants on November 7, 2019
Snohomish County Public Works is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and talented individual to fill a key Engineer II position in the Capital section of the Surface Water Management (SWM) division. This position will be part of a team of engineers and technicians that take projects from concept through construction. SWM implements a wide variety of stormwater improvement projects (fish passage improvements, neighborhood drainage improvements, water quality treatment, road flooding reduction, etc.).
SWM has a robust annual construction program, delivering 10-15 capital projects per year. If working on meaningful and challenging capital projects from identification through construction sounds good to you, please consider applying for this Engineer II position.
The successful candidate will have qualities in alignment with SWM’s core values: providing and demonstrating high quality service, leadership, stewardship, accountability, respect, and integrity. You will have proficiency and expertise in analyzing and designing fish passage, drainage, and water quality projects; hydraulic and hydrologic computer modeling; developing construction drawings, cost estimates, and project specifications; and overseeing project construction. Your excellent communication skills and ability to work well with staff and stakeholders with a variety of backgrounds will make you stand out. Apply for this position to positively contribute to the delivery of high quality projects and service to the citizens of Snohomish County.
For further information on Snohomish County Surface Water Management’s programs, please go to www.surfacewater.info.
Snohomish County, just north of Seattle, is located in northwest Washington between the Puget Sound and the Cascade Mountains. The county has rich scenery, numerous activities and a thriving economy. Snohomish County is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family. We are proud to offer an outstanding benefit package to employees and their dependents. We are invested in your success and growth and offer competitive wages, job flexibility and stability, employer paid ORCA cards, and a friendly, diverse team atmosphere where employees are appreciated and make a real difference to the citizens we provide services to. We strive to not only provide a meaningful job, but a lifelong career.
Some highlights of the generous benefits we offer to our employees:
- Sick leave: You will accrue 8 hours of sick leave per month.
- Vacation Leave: you will start out accruing 6.7 hours of vacation each month. Your leave accruals increase based on your years of employment with the County.
- Holiday Pay: The County observes 10 paid legal holidays per year, and additionally provides employees with two floating holidays annually.
- Pension Benefits: County employees are eligible for Washington State PERS enrollment.
- Benefits: The County offers a wide range of benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, deferred compensation and more.
- Pay Increases: The salary range for this position is $6,066.19 to $7,368.83(update for E2) per month. Each year you will be eligible for a 5% step increase until you reach the top step. An annual cost of living adjustment may also be included, as negotiated by AFSCME.
Snohomish County The Future We Choose
An Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is required for this position.
Applications must be submitted via the Snohomish County website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/snohomish/jobs/2597378/engineer-ii-design-surface-water-management?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs