- Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, this position performs civil engineering work of considerable difficulty involving planning, design, project management and construction administration; and performs related work as required. Supports District teams and related activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare designs, drawings, plans, cost estimates, specifications and technical reports for various construction and improvement projects.
- Provide field investigation and inspection of construction sites as part of engineering assignments.
- Determine scope of engineering projects; prepare Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and contracts for consulting services; review proposals, plans and specifications prepared by consulting engineers; and assist and recommend the development of technical criteria and standards for use on District projects.
- Plan, develop and implement engineering projects related to the Capital Improvement Program.
- Administer contracts by verifying invoices and pay requests, reviewing change orders, amendments and shop drawings, conduct progress meetings, and review reports on contractor’s performance.
- Investigate/prepare reports and develop cost estimates of a complex nature in connection with various engineering projects.
- Provide relevant subject matter expertise and technical support to the Utility Team.
- Build, maintain, update and utilize computerized hydraulic models (both steady-state and transient/surge models) as a design tool, a medium and long range planning tool, and as a reference tool to address inquiries from the public, contractors, outside engineers and designers, and District staff regarding expected water pressure and fire flow availability.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or closely related field and four years of paraprofessional civil engineering experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Arizona.
The District offers full competitive benefits and membership in the Arizona State Retirement System.
SALARY RANGE: $71,864 - $111,001
CLOSING DATE: September 17, 2018