Applications are being accepted for the position of Stormwater Quality Specialist (SWQS) in the Stormwater Section of the Environmental Department. This is a non-exempt position and the starting wage is $21.58- $24.81 per hour / DOQ
- The primary duties of the SWQS includes oversight of NPDES Construction General Permit compliance issues, reviewing stormwater pollution prevention plans and right of way erosion and sediment control plans to ensure they conform to District policy and are sufficient to protect the storm drain system, conducting inspections, training District staff and educating contractors and the public in erosion and sediment control compliance, pollution prevention and good housekeeping, and assisting in the development of District policy.
- This position assists in illicit discharge complaint response and investigation and providing technical assistance in spill response. This position also conducts annual training and updates for staff on ACHD’s Spill Response Plan. Other duties may include public education and outreach, field investigations, and sampling.
- The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of urban sediment and erosion control best management practices and environmental regulations as they apply to stormwater and a good knowledge and understanding of hydrologic concepts and practices. The ability to interpret and apply federal, state, and local environment regulations, prepare and edit technical reports, communicate effectively orally and in writing, and read construction plans is required. The ability to present technical information in non-technical terms to the general public is preferred. Certification as a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) or similar is a plus.
- The successful candidate must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and Adobe.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license and a Responsible Person certification is required.
- Graduate of college or university with a 4-year degree in Environmental, Physical, or Biological Science is preferred. OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m. on March 16, 2021. Applications are available at 3775 N. Adams; Garden City, ID 83714 or visit our website: www.achdidaho.org
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations