STORMWATER MANAGER: Provides upper management and effective operation to the Stormwater Division within the Public Works Department. Plans and directs the activities of the Countywide Stormwater Utility. Oversees the planning, design and construction of stormwater projects for the county. Manages the County’s Municipal Separate Stormwater System (MS4) permit program. Performs duties requiring the analysis of broad and complex problems and planning of various interrelated functional departmental activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree in civil engineering preferred.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible related experience including supervisory experience.
- Any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
- Must possess a South Carolina Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Registration (or currently possess the ability to obtain license by having passed the South Carolina State Exam or by reciprocity from another state). South Carolina Professional Engineering (PE) Registration preferred.
- Must posses and maintain a valid driver’s license.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY: Depending on Qualifications
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.