Kitsap County Public Works is seeking a seasoned professional in stormwater management that shares our passion and commitment to protect people, property and environment by managing flooding and preventing water pollution.
Kitsap County is nationally recognized for our stormwater management program and we need a proven leader that will continue that trend, focuses on way to improve the quality of the county's waters.
This position is responsible for leading, administering and managing the activities of the Stormwater Division of the Public Works Department to ensure proper planning, construction, repair, operation and maintenance of stormwater management systems for the County. Directs the Clean Water Kitsap multi-agency program focused on water quality and flood reduction with special emphasis on increased public education and citizen involvement.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in civil/environmental engineering, public administration or related field; and
- Five years of professional experience in the planning, design, operations and construction of Public Works projects with emphasis on stormwater treatment and collection systems and associated federal and state regulatory requirements; and
- Experience performing statistical data analysis, grant writing/management, project management, budget, and public speaking; and
- Three years of supervisory experience supervising professional, technical and trades staff; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work.