Wilson and Company is seeking a Civil Engineer with 4-10 years or more experience in the discipline of Water Resources/Stormwater Management, including Hydrology and Hydraulic Analysis and Design, Stormwater and Utility Infrastructure Design and development of construction documents. The position may include production management, project management, contracting, and mentoring and client management.
Joining a growing team with over ten members will give you the opportunity to mentor other engineers, while learning new things yourself. The position is a composite of lead designer and staff mentor.
With top tier benefits, and the understanding of a real work life balance, we strive to provide a positive work environment. It is our goal to find motivated individuals that want to grow their career and find excitement in working on multiple and fun projects that enhance our firm’s culture. This position provides the opportunity to not only work on development project, but rail and transportation infrastructure projects as well.
Essential Job Functions:
- Although expected to work independently, this individual must be able to interact well with other team members within the Wilson & Company team.
- Contact and visit clients for business development / marketing; including attendance at local industry conferences and seminars.
- High degree of intrapersonal and communication skills are necessary.
- Proven teamwork and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable to manage and develop business client relationships.
- Excellent work ethic and a comprehensive understanding of engineering principles
- BS in Civil Engineering or Water Resource emphasis
- 4+ years of experience
- PE License required
- Experience with plan production AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microstation and InRoads experience a plus
- Experience with hydraulic and environmental calculations as well as technical report writing is a plus
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.