Emmons & Olivier Resources, Inc. (EOR) is a consulting firm that specializes in: WATER (watersheds + water resources), ECOLOGY (ecosystems + natural resources) and COMMUNITY (civil engineering, landscape architecture + planning). We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to put their passion and talents to work with a team of environmentally-focused professionals that foster a culture of growth, opportunity and ecological stewardship.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a letter of interest and résumé (including 3 references with current contact information) to Susan Nelson (email@example.com). Please visit our website at www.eorinc.com for further information on our company, services, and projects.
As part of our Natural Resources team, you will be responsible for conducting field work including wetland delineations and habitat assessments, writing reports and land management plans, preparing environmental permitting documents, and collecting, managing, and displaying geographic data using GPS and GIS.
Following are desirable candidate attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in ecological or environmental field
- Desire and ability to conduct ecological work in the field, often requiring long hours and some overnight travel
- A wetland delineation certification from the State of Minnesota or ability to receive certification within 6 months
- Strong aquatic and terrestrial plant identification skills
- Well versed in invasive species programs including detection and management
- Familiarity with local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Proficient GIS user/data manager with ability to both create high quality, stylized mapping products and manipulate/analyze data
- Strong technical writing skills
- Energetic personality with passion for environmental stewardship
- Works well with other professionals and communicates effectively
- Willingness to work outdoors under a variety of conditions
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation for occasional day trips.
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry, lift, or pull equipment and materials weighing up to 40 pounds over long distances