Application Deadline: January 26, 2020 @ 11:59pm.
Do you enjoy developing creative solutions to solve complex problems, inspiring behavior change within various industries and community groups, and being a part of a high-energy team often found working outside the box? If so, the City of Bozeman’s Stormwater Division is seeking a Stormwater Program Technician to complete construction site compliance evaluation inspections, permit reviews, and field investigations. This position is critical in achieving the Stormwater Division’s primary goals, which include complying with environmental regulations, improving water quality, protecting public safety, and managing infrastructure. This position requires an employee who can work in a rapidly evolving setting, exercise independent professional judgment, and establish effective relationships with various internal and external audiences. This position performs work in a mix of office and field environments, with potential exposure to a variety of weather elements and personal risks.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to positively affecting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of formal training or education beyond high school in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Environmental Science, or a closely related field (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred); and
- One to three years of experience in utility operation, public works’ projects, or construction; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a current Class D Montana Valid Drivers’ license or must have the ability to obtain a valid Montana Drivers’ license within 60 days of employment;
- Must have or obtain a Construction Site Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Administrator/Preparer Certification, or approved equal, within the first twelve months of work;
- Must have or obtain a Construction Site Stormwater Pollution Compliance Evaluation Inspector Certification, or approved equal, within the first twelve months of employment;
- Must have or obtain an Industrial Facility Stormwater Management Certification, or approved equal, within the first twelve months of employment;
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process.
Complete a City of Bozeman application online at www.bozeman.net/jobs