Performs advanced construction and maintenance work associated with the of the City's storm drainage system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Without High School Diploma or G.E.D At least two (2) years in maintenance and/or construction. Two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of storm drainage systems preferred. Must possess a Texas Driver's License.
Required certifications include: Class A CDL Driver License required within six (6) months of employment.
To be considered for employment in this position applicants must comply with Department of Transportation Federal Regulations and the City of Watauga Drug Policy.
- Knowledge of the provisions in the Texas Motor Vehicle Code relating to the operation of motorized equipment on public streets and highways.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws relating to storm drainage channels.
- Knowledge in the use of standard hand tools, operation of light power driven equipment, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Knowledge of City practice, policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks, planning and prioritizing.
- Skill in providing good customer service.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain how to use all required tools, equipment, and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand information in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use two-way radios.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with other employees, departments, and the general public, and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Ability to regularly attend work and arrive punctually for designated work schedule.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.