Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking an Inspector to join the Construction Management division in Fort Pierce, Florida. The Inspector will be responsible for conducting on-site inspection of work in progress and performing assignments while assisting the Senior Inspector in the performance of their duties. Receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress. Sponsorship not available for this position.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 2 or more years of construction inspection experience; with 1 of these years being in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection or a Civil Engineering degree plus one (1) year experience in construction inspection with the ability to earn additional required qualifications within six months. (Note: Engineer Intern classification requires E.I.T. certificate.)
- Exceptions will be permitted on a case-by-case basis so long as qualifications and certifications are appropriate for specific inspection duties.
- Candidates associated with future structures projects must also be able to complete the Critical Structures Construction issues, Self Study Course, and submit the mandatory Certification of Course Completion form.
- All of the following qualifications (must be valid):
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- All of the following certifications (must be valid):
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification Program for Inspectors and Contractors
- FDOT and/or Turnpike Experience preferred
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.