We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $85,384 - $139,912 Annually (Dependent on Qualifications)
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:Non rotating 40 hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
Responsible for supervision of Construction Supervisors and Inspection Teams tasked with the delivery of large numbers of simultaneous construction projects of various types and sizes in accordance with contract documents, established technical standards, policies, procedures and state and local regulatory requirements.
- Provide supervision of Construction Staff and site supervision of all construction activities and assigned projects to ensure that they are completed according to contract requirements.
- Professionally represent the City when interacting with City Officials, City employees, private developers, contractors, consultants and the public.
- Ensure that public awareness and notification devices are installed and maintained by contractors in a manner consistent with the City, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Attend meetings as necessary to ensure communication.
- Oversee field inspection to ensure completion of associated detailed inspection reports to certify construction compliance with City Standards.
- Ensure the monitoring of all projects and provide recommendations on corrective actions and uses authorization to immediately halt work if deemed unsafe.
- Establish and maintain various safety records, ensure compliance with record keeping, laws and guidelines.
- Supervise division personnel, implements department policies and rules, informs personnel of new procedures and policy changes.
- Interpret and apply federal, state and municipal and technical statutes and codes.
- Interpret the requirements and revisions necessary utilizing Engineering and Architectural drawings.
- Review and independently perform engineering calculations.
- Prepare change order agenda items, proposed project changes, code changes for management review and City Council approval.
- Handle all day-to-day operations of the Construction Division.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas required
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in another state, or previous registration in Texas or another state with the ability to obtain State of Texas registration within six (6) months of hire
- A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – the City offers a 2 to 1 match. Each employee automatically contributes 6% of their total compensation. The City matches 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you contribute.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Seven (7) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
This position is classified as "Safety Sensitive". All employees in safety sensitive positions are subject to random drug testing, pursuant to City policy, HR 15.0 Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
Job opening will close on:
Open Until Filled