Stormwater Coordinator / Sr. Engineering Associate/Analyst – Design
Lane County Public Works, (Eugene, OR) - JOB 201800366
Help Design Our Future!
Position: Lane County Public Works (Eugene, OR) seeks a Stormwater Coordinator / Senior Engineering Associate (Analyst) for the Design Section of its Engineering & Construction Services Division.
Salary & Benefits: This position pays $56,888.00 - $85,280.00 per year and is a full-time, fully benefitted position. NOTE: 5% salary differential for Oregon Registered P.E. or 3% salary differential for E.I.T.
Description: This is a professional position that will advance Lane County’s current NPDES MS-4 program to the next permit level as required by DEQ Permit dated November 30, 2018. Additionally, this position supervises technical staff; acts as project manager for environmentally focused public improvement projects; and acts as the County’s technical expert in the above disciplines (providing advice/rule interpretations to other County departments, divisions, and small communities without an NPDES coordinator.
More specifically, this position will:
- Coordinate NPDES-MS4 Phase II permit requirements, including writing reports, ordinances and manuals; coordinating tasks with local jurisdictions; providing public involvement and educational opportunities; reviewing, inspecting, and enforcing illicit discharge, stormwater facility maintenance, and all other permit requirements.
- Interpret and disseminate provisions of federal, state, and local stormwater runoff regulations and rules to affected public works divisions.
- Coordinate departmental reviews of land development applications, utility extensions / significant facility replacements, and all other activities within, and adjacent to, the public rights-of-way to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Lead and/or collaborate in the preparation and updating of comprehensive plans, policies, reports, manuals, budgets, and other documents.
- Develop public outreach; make oral and written presentations to multiple audiences, including citizen groups, neighborhood associations, and Boards and Commissions; represent the County on various stormwater advisory groups and committees; look for opportunities to build trust; be willing to give reasons why; follow up with answers; and reflect the County in a positive manner.
- Respond to and address citizen complaints; investigate illicit discharges; develop corrective / enforcement recommendations; notify Director of legal action needed to effect compliance with established stormwater regulations.
- Prepare grant applications and coordinate with federal, state, and local funding agencies; and complete required communications and reports.
- Act as Responsible Engineer for environmentally focused fish passage, wetland mitigation, and stormwater quality (assigned) projects. Author technical reports / calculations; develop plans, specifications, and estimates; and provide construction support.
- Work as a team member in project development / scoping; manage the environmental permitting phase of project development.
- Attend and participate in division meetings; present recommendations and ideas to enhance the division’s performance and the services it provides.
Interested? To apply, please visit www.lanecounty.org/jobs and apply for job posting 201800366. For additional questions, contact HR @ 541-682-3124. Closes: 1/28/19 @ 5:00 p.m. EOE/ADA
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to area of assignment/
- Five – Eight years of progressively responsible professional experience.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may also qualify applicants for this position.
Additional Salary Information: Position pays a 5% differential for Oregon Registered P.E. or 3% differential for a E.I.T. This is a full-time, fully-benefitted position.
Internal Number: 201800366