SALARY: $28.44 - $35.52 Hourly
$59,155.20 - $73,881.60 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 08/25/20 11:59 PM
The City of Beloit has an exciting professional opportunity and is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Environmental Coordinator in the Water Resources Division of the Department of Public Works. This position is responsible for establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing all aspects of complex state and federal pretreatment programs. This position ensures program protects the treatment facility and its structures, the environment and employees, while withstanding legal challenges by the user and continuing enforcement by state and federal regulators.
Qualified candidates will be expected to have creative, problem-solving approach and well-developed interpersonal communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff, elected and appointed officials, government agencies, service and community organizations, private business and the general public.
1. A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, environmental science, biological science, civil engineering, industrial processes, or a closely related field
2. Three to five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience with experience in oversight and/or supervision of water/wastewater operation.
3. Certification as a Wastewater Operator in Training (DNR OIT) from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources or the ability to obtain certification within 36 months of hire.
4. Successful completion of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 24 HAZWOPER training or the ability to complete training within 12 months of hire.
5. Experience in a water/wastewater laboratory environment is preferred.
6. Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position will also be considered.
Equal opportunity employer