Performs work in the planning, design, scheduling, right-of-way acquisition, construction contract administration, construction inspection and citizen outreach of a variety of stormwater Capital Improvement Projects.
• Participates in the production of storm system designs, plans, specifications and cost estimates related to Capital Improvement Projects. Specific knowledge of associated design components is a must including professional land surveying, sustainable and resilient design, drafting, erosion and sediment control, and green infrastructure.
• Ensures that stormwater Capital Improvement Projects follow the tenets of the Envision rating system developed by the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure to not only alleviate drainage issues, but also to improve water quality downstream and protect the health of the Roanoke River.
• Procures professional engineering consultant services and manages design contracts in conformance with the City of Roanoke purchasing standards.
• Ability to read, interpret, and create maps, surveys, engineering drawings, and graphics from engineering software; ability to use AutoCAD, Spreadsheets, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS and various stormwater design programs.
• Specific experience in dealing with state and federal regulatory agencies including but not limited to FEMA, USACE, VA DEQ, VA DCR, VDOT, VMRC, and VDGIF.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university recognized by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (VA DPOR) board for Architects and Engineers with a major in civil, biological systems, or hydrological engineering, or related field; one to three years related experience and/or training in a variety of professional engineering work; prefer graduate study in the area of stormwater; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Recognition as an Engineer-in-training in the Commonwealth of Virginia preferred or be able to obtain within 24 months of hire.
• Credentialed as an Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) through the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure is preferred or be able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 14, 2020 11:59 PM Eastern Time
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.ROANOKEVA.GOV/JOBS
EEO/AA/M/F/DISABILITY EMPLOYER. The City of Roanoke Adminsters Pre-Employment Screening to all employees.