Under the direction of the Public Works Director-City Engineer, the Senior Civil Engineer will plan, organize, direct and supervise engineering projects and programs as well as serve as a lead worker to other capital project delivery staff within the Engineering Division.
The Senior Civil Engineer will perform complex engineering assignments, manage capital projects from inception to completion, oversee project/program budgets and expenditures, assist in the development and implementation of long range planning, engage with stakeholders, partner with external agencies, prepare formal proposals for consultant services, administer contracts, and resolve claims.
During the course of their regular work, the Senior Civil Engineer will be exposed to other Engineering Division services such as private development review & approval, flood zone administration, permitting, traffic operations, and maintenance engineering. This will provide an opportunity for the ideal candidate to become well-rounded in a full suite of Public Works services and advance to the engineering management series.
THE SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER WILL ASSIST WITH THE DELIVERY OF THE CITY'S CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM AND KEY INITIATIVES SUCH AS:
- Novato Blvd. improvements between Diablo Ave. and Grant Ave.
- Olive Ave. widening between Railroad Ave. and Redwood Blvd.
- North Redwood Blvd. Corridor Study and General Plan update
- Implementation of the citywide Storm Drain Master Plan
- Facility improvements at Marin Valley Mobile Country Club
- Development of the Downtown Depot Lot/SMART Station
See full posting here: Senior Civil Engineer
The City of Novato is an Equal Opportunity Employer