IF YOU ARE A CURRENT CITY EMPLOYEE AND WANT TO EXERCISE YOUR CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS TO BID, YOU MUST APPLY ON THE BID ONLY SITE AT: www.cityofchicago.org/CAREERS
(Once the website opens, scroll down and click on the button titled “Bid Opportunities.”)
IN ADDITION, YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX ON THE CAREERS APPLICATION TITLED "ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY", CORRECTLY ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT.
YOU MUST USE THE EMPLOYEE NUMBER FOUND ON THE UPPER LEFT-HAND CORNER OF YOUR PAY CHECK STUB LABELED “PAYEE/EMPLOYEE NUMBER.”
(NO OTHER FORMAT OR SYSTEM CAN BE USED TO OBTAIN YOUR EMPLOYEE NUMBER).
FAILURE TO CHECK THE “ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY” BOX, ENTER YOUR EMPLOYEE ID, AND SELECT THE CORRECT BARGAINING UNIT WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION.
Under general supervision, this position will perform fully functional professional civil engineering work of moderate complexity related to the construction, maintenance and design of various infrastructure and building projects within the engineering division. The Department that is responsible for the design, construction, and maintenance of roadways and bridges and performs other related duties as required.
- Review engineering plans, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates for bridge projects
- Reviews Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) reports and documents including Bridge Condition Reports (BCR), Project Development Reports (PDRs), Type Size and Location (TSL) plans.
- Prepares reports on the status and costs of bridge projects
- Oversee the schedule and budget for engineering consultants
- Oversees design review meetings
- Represents City at community meetings to address impacts from planned projects
- Coordinates with utilities and other City agencies throughout design process to coordinate work and avoid conflicts
- Reviews invoices related to bridge projects
- Other related duties as assigned
*Must be able to access work sites during various stages of construction and repair, in all weather conditions and in all neighborhoods throughout the City*.
Application Period: 5/11/20 to 6/10/20
Please note, all positions with the City of Chicago close promptly at 11:59pm C.D.T. Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59p.m. C.D.T. on 6/10/20
No exceptions will be made.