Do you have experience working in a structured safe environment, and enforcing a safe working environment? If so, we may have the perfect job for you!
The City of Salem is seeking candidates for the position of Stormwater Quality Supervisor. The Stormwater Quality Supervisor will coordinate and perform professional/technical work supporting the implementation of the City’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Phase 1 Permit, 1200-Z Industrial Stormwater Permit, and the City’s network of stream gaging stations as part of the FEMA CRS flood insurance program. The Stormwater Quality Supervisor oversees the following programs: inspection and maintenance of vegetated green stormwater infrastructure (rain gardens, planters, etc) and natural areas, Education and Outreach, and Environmental Monitoring.
This is a high-level supervisory position that oversees other supervisors/management staff, as well as technical staff that require advanced knowledge and skills. This position is intended to provide oversight of an entire program, and has a responsibility for budgeting, as well as developing policies and procedures that have an impact across the organization and community. The Stormwater Quality Supervisor has considerable freedom in this role. This position establishes goals, policies, and timetables, so that program execution is coordinated and in compliance with state and federal governmental laws and rules. The supervisor will oversee that the NDPES MS4 Phase 1 permit and 1200-Z Industrial Stormwater permit requirements are being met by all City Departments.
The ideal candidate will have experience collecting, synthesizing, and/or reporting water quality field data, writing or editing technical documents related to federal and state environmental permits, and developing and implementing standard operating procedures or methods.
Deadline: Aug 03, 2020
Salary: $34.01 - $45.69 Hourly
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Must pass the pre-employment background check and drug test (including marijuana).
- Must have an Oregon driver license and a driving record that meets the City of Salem's driving standards.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field to program assignment (i.e., biology, business management, engineering, environmental sciences, etc.), and five years of supervisory experience in a highly technical stormwater program or field, dealing with monitoring, stormwater quality treatment facilities, and education and outreach, or any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities as listed, and ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in municipal stormwater utilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with subordinates, co-workers, supervisors, consultants, regulators, industry professionals, and the general public
- Previous experience in a supervisory role where the applicant was responsible for coordinating team activities and accountable for the completion of group tasks.
- Experience being responsible for the safety of others.
- Ability to mediate or deescalate interpersonal conflicts between coworkers or team members
Where can I find out more about the position?
- Confined space competent person certification is required within six months of hire.
- CPR/AED Certification desired.
Go to the menu option for Class Specifications to search for Supervisor IV or view by clicking here.How can I apply?
Click on the green "Apply" button to complete your application. Make sure that you specify how you meet the qualifications outlined in the class specification and complete the application and supplemental questions.
Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications as outlined above but not selected for this position may be placed on an eligibility list, and candidates may be hired from the list. Eligibility lists are valid for six months. The City will send email notifications to eligible candidates about potential hiring opportunities so please ensure your email settings accept our system generated email notifications.
You may subscribe for automatic notification of job openings at the City through the Job Interest Cards – sign up today!
For more information about employment at the City of Salem, please visit our website at www.cityofsalem.net/jobs.