This position will perform a variety of manual skilled and semi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of City facilities, streetscapes, parks and recreation grounds, and surface water facilities (including man-made and natural retention/detention systems and collection and conveyance systems). In performing these duties, the applicant may need to demonstrate the proper and safe operation of a variety of heavy and light vehicles, specialized equipment, and/or hand and power tools. This position operates and is responsible for city owned maintenance equipment that may require additional specialized training and/or licensing.
In maintaining and supporting Public Works operations, this position will work both as a crewmember under supervision and independently, primarily performing on-site and roadside maintenance throughout the City. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- maintenance and repair of City-owned equipment and facilities,
- site support (setup and tear-down of equipment) for City-sponsored meetings and/or functions,
- cleaning City-maintained ditches and culverts, often during inclement weather,
- vegetation maintenance, such as trimming of bushes and trees,
- sweeping and clearing of paved surfaces (such as trails, sidewalks and parking lots),
- resolving roadway hazards (such as repairing potholes and shoulders), and
- removing debris and/or other objects from rights-of-way.
Because of the limited number of City staff, each staff member is expected to perform a wide range of duties. The ability to function effectively in a small team environment, where communication and initiative are critical, is mandatory for success in this position. This is a public service position where public interaction is routine, and your ability to represent the team and City in a professional and courteous manner are required.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please email your application packet that you can download by clicking the "Apply" button below.
Your submittal should include a cover letter, resume, signed EOCC statement, signed job description. Please send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or your application packet may also be sent to the City of Edgewood via regular mail to the following address:
City of Edgewood
2224 104th Ave E
Edgewood, WA 98372-1513