Performs labor work associated with the maintenance of the City's storm drainage system during the summer under the direct supervision of the Storm Drain Supervisor.
This is a seasonal position which works a 40 hour schedule from Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Works as a member the storm drain utility repair crews performing various tasks and functions such as weed eating, mowing, barricade maintenance, filling sand bags, picking up debris on streets and right-of-ways, cleaning storm drain inlets and flumes.
- Operates Public Works drainage utility equipment incidental to work assignments including weed eater and lawn mower.
- Cleans and maintains equipment used in daily activities.
- Performs traffic control set up at the job site to ensure a safe working environment, places and gathers cones, flags, set out traffic signs, etc.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are essential functions of this position.
- Insures safety procedures and proper use of safety equipment at all times.
- May perform other assignments and assist with special projects as required.
- Knowledge of the provisions in the Texas Motor Vehicle Code relating to the operation of motorized equipment on public streets and highways.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge in the use of standard hand tools, operation of light power driven equipment, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in providing good customer service.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain how to use all required tools, equipment, and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand information in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use two-way radios.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with other employees, departments, and the general public, and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Ability to regularly attend work and arrive punctually for designated work schedule.