The Public Works Department is seeking a dynamic leader to manage the retrofit, operations and asset management programs for the Stormwater Division!
This position performs a variety of advanced professional assignments in the Kitsap County Public Works Stormwater Division, supervises the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Program, Stormwater Asset Management Program, and Stormwater Retrofit and Repair (R&R) Program and inspection program. This position also manages consultant contracts for capital and retrofit design and construction projects. The primary responsibility for all Stormwater Division conveyance, treatment, and flow-control assets in accordance with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Stormwater Permit regulatory requirements. This position is also the primary liaison between the Stormwater Division and Road Engineering and Road Operations Divisions of Public Works.
Salary: $74,942.40 - $105,851.20 Annually
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field; and
- Five years of progressively responsible technical civil engineering;with at two years in the area of specialization involving construction management, engineering management, contract administration, communications and engineering design review; and
- Two years of supervisory experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work.
Preferred Education, Experience or Other Qualifications
- Experience performing operations and management tasks including asset management.
- Two years ArcGIS and asset management administration (CarteGraph is used at Kitsap County; candidates with this expertise will be highly desired).
- WA Professional Engineer's License
- Experience working with municipal and state codes, policies, procedures and regulations related to Stormwater management.
- Experience with NPDES Municipal permit requirements.
- Experience with Stormwater System Operation and Maintenance (O&M).
- Experience in low impact development/green Stormwater infrastructure design and O&M.
- The successful incumbent must meet the driving requirements of this position and submit a copy a current driving record/abstract (from state of residency) to review for eligibility to drive for Kitsap County prior to employment.The successful incumbent must obtain a valid Washington State Driver's License prior to hire and maintain a satisfactory driving record as outlined in the Kitsap County Vehicle Use Policy. This position is categorized as:
- Category 1 Driver: operates County-owned vehicle, and
- Category 2: Driver may operate a personal vehicle as an essential function for official County business. Any employee using a personal vehicle on official County business shall be required to maintain auto liability insurance, in addition to having a valid driver's license.
Criminal Conviction Standards:
- The successful incumbent will or may have unsupervised access to children under 18 years of age, a vulnerable adult, or a vulnerable person, or access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which may include fingerprinting.