The Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources is a publicly-owned utility, committed to providing excellent water, wastewater and stormwater services at the best possible value to the citizens of Gwinnett County. The department is widely recognized for service excellence in the operation of 2 water production facilities, 3 water reclamation facilities and 221 pump stations. In addition, DWR maintains 3,667 miles of water lines, 2,654 miles of sewer lines and 1,325 miles of stormwater pipe. The Department of Water Resources takes pride in stewardship of the environmental resources entrusted to us and pledge to be responsible as we manage water as a limited, but renewable, resource.
This class is responsible for having specialized knowledge in area of assignment, researching problems, providing customer service, and maintaining work reports. This is a field customer service position and duties in this category may include maintenance and repair of water distribution and collection lines, leak investigation or meter maintenance, repair and testing.
Water Resources Trades Associate I: This class is responsible for performing custodial and maintenance duties and assisting with daily maintenance needs. This position is a grade A123.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Valid Driver's License from state of residency.
Water Resources Trades Associate II: This class is responsible for having specialized knowledge in area of assignment, researching problems, providing customer service, and maintaining work reports. This position is a grade B213.
This job is a safety sensitive position that will require a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Gwinnett County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Valid Driver's License from state of residency;
- Two years of related work experience;
- or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above;
- Georgia Commercial Driver's License must be obtained within 1 year;
- Confined Space Certification must be obtained within 6 months.
For information related to position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills and Physical requirements, click one of the below links;
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- HSA/HRA available
- Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-site Medical Wellness Center
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year
- Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
- Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
- Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Annual Wellness Fair
- 529 College Savings payroll deduction
- Financial Education Programs
- Funeral Leave
- Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Employee discount programs
- Retirement Benefits include:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
* Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0%, or 7.5%
* Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
- An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of age and years of service equals 65.
- Deferred Compensation Plan
* If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).