Stormwater Program Tech.
Salary: $2882.00 Monthly.
Summary:: Responsible for performing paraprofessional services in connection with planning and executing the City of Odessa's Stormwater Management Program. This position provides technical and administrative assistance to the Stormwater Administrator for the development and enforcement of rules, regulations and policies.
Essential Functions: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of all codes, city ordinances, state laws and the process and procedures for issue of permits and enforcement of codes and related City ordinances, State and Federal law.
- Investigates and answers requests, suggestions and complaints from City officials and citizens, and submits responses or recommendations for solutions to Stormwater Administrator.
- Conducts independent on site field inspections in a timely manner for areas of code enforcement, city ordinances and State laws involving stormwater discharge permits.
- Assists public participation programs, activities and meetings.
- Assists in preparing letters and reports to the regulatory agencies, documenting compliance with activities and results.
- Assists in inspecting City of Odessa facilities to insure they meet applicable stormwater laws and regulations.
- Assists contractors and industries in developing and implementing programs for compliance with stormwater regulations.
- Inspects and monitors local entities, construction sites and industrial facilities to determine compliance with storm water laws, regulations and procedures.
- Supports the divisional operations with regular and timely attendance.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Odessa and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines: High School Diploma or GED required; AND one year of customer service, computer experience. The ideal candidate will possess work experience as an inspector, technician or surveyor in the fields of construction, engineering or maintenance of public work projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State and local stormwater regulations.
- Ability to interpret regulations and their application to specific situations.
- Ability to read site plans.
- General knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in the area of assigned work.
- Thorough knowledge of computer applications including word processing, data base management, spreadsheets, ArcGIS and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and methods as they apply to the design and construction of erosion control principles.
License and certification requirements: A valid Texas State Driver's license is require.
Physical demands and working environment: Work is performed in a standard office environment and at outdoor construction sites; may be exposed to safety hazards.
Special Notices to Applicants: Work is performed both inside and outside. Duties may involve exposure to extreme weather conditions. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Must possess general knowledge of storm water drainage systems, water quantity and quality data, Federal, State and local laws relating to stormwater and natural resources
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.